Bodywork that's more than skin deep

Massage therapy is just one part of a healing regimen. Yoga or daily stretching and breathing exercises are key elements in preventing injury, reducing stress and maintaining overall health. They extend the benefits of massage treatments! A balanced diet, exercise, plenty of water and laughter are also important aspects in a healthy lifestyle.



Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Healing Path: Yoga and Thai Massage

2012 brought me to the realization that I wanted to go deeper into my yoga practice. As soon as the clock stuck January, I started to explore the idea of a yoga teacher training as a way to augment my massage healing practice.  A yoga teacher training program seemed like the right path for me especially because of my Thai massage experience.  Also, it was in harmony with a plan I had to teach couples a few easy Thai massage poses (and other healing tools) that they can safely practice at home to help each other release pain and tension when they can't get to a professional.  It's been an enjoyable fast and full few months but I've completed the Living Yoga Program's 200-hour yoga teacher training certification! (It's been a sweet journey so far but there's still a lifetime left of yoga to learn!)  As to how I will integrate yoga into my massage therapy practice, things are still unfolding.  One idea is to offer private couples lessons that combine yoga with Thai massage.  I can incorporate various yoga postures, breathing and meditation with an assortment of Thai massage stretches to create a unique healing plan for the diverse needs of each couple. If you're interested in exploring this further, please contact me.  May you be well!

No comments: