Bodywork that's more than skin deep

Massage therapy is just one part of a healing regimen. Yoga or daily stretching and breathing exercises are key elements in preventing injury, reducing stress and maintaining overall health. They extend the benefits of massage treatments! A balanced diet, exercise, plenty of water and laughter are also important aspects in a healthy lifestyle.



Monday, March 19, 2007

Recharge Your Life



I forgot to mention the book that I've been using for the 30-day detox program. It's called "Detox, Cleanse and Recharge Your Mind, Body and Soul" by Christina Scott Moncrieff, an English homeopathic physician. The book offers different healthy detox options along with great information about how to continue to live a "lo-tox" lifestyle. The 30-day detox is the program I like to use every spring because it's gentle and easy to use. It encourages you to eat healthy meals without starving your body. Another positive thing I've found is that it kicks me into a habitual nutritional-healthy-eating lifestyle even after the last day of the detox.

I'm about to enter Day 13 of the detox and I'm still feeling radiant. Some of the major changes I'm noticing:

* I'm getting deep, restful sleep.
* My skin glows, looks flawless and soft.
* I have more energy. (If you can believe that!)
* I've lost two inches around my waist!
* The dark circles under my eyes have lightened up.

So far so very good and two more weeks to go! This week I can add nuts, seeds and eggs to my diet! I'm looking forward to scrambled eggs fried in olive oil with a ricecake topped with banana and blueberries on the side! Mmmmmm, can't wait!

No comments: