Bodywork that's more than skin deep

Massage therapy is just one part of a healing regimen. Yoga or daily stretching and breathing exercises are key elements in preventing injury, reducing stress and maintaining overall health. They extend the benefits of massage treatments! A balanced diet, exercise, plenty of water and laughter are also important aspects in a healthy lifestyle.



Monday, March 26, 2007

Detox Update: Day 20

Ten days to go! Today, I start with a mini-fast, which includes tons of lemon water and dandelion tea to help the liver catch up with any backup of toxins. This is the first time during the detox that I've done this "mini-fast". It's not too bad because I ate dinner early last night and will eat a light meal early in the afternoon. That's an easily achieved fast of 18-20 hours!

I will break my fast at 2pm with a light meal: a salad, a portion of brown rice and a piece of fruit. In the evening, I will have fish, lightly cooked veggies and some more fresh fruit.

The past 20 days have been great. I've been eating super healthy and I still feel crisp. It really hasn't been a far cry from what I usually eat. I miss the wheat and sugar most of all but I'm not going crazy for it. I'm not sure if I have a wheat intolerance or not. I'll find out in eight days when I can incorporate it back into my diet.

My overall goal after the detox is to limit sugar and refined foods (like white rice and french fries). I want to continue to eat more veggies and fish and less starchy foods(like potatoes) and of course drink tons of lemon water!!

No comments: